Ford has launched a new insurance product for its Bronco and Bronco Sport customers who love to explore the outdoors. The Ford Protect Off-Road Coverage is designed to cover the costs of repairing or replacing tires, wheels, dents, and windshields that may get damaged by off-roading activities. This is an extension of the existing Ford Protect plans that offer road-focused coverage for these components.
What is Ford Protect Off-Road Coverage?
Ford Protect Off-Road Coverage is a new offering from Ford’s extended warranty arm, Ford Protect. It is available for the Bronco and Bronco Sport models, which are designed to handle rugged and uneven terrain. The coverage applies to off-roading damage that occurs during the original warranty period of three years or 36,000 miles.
The coverage includes the following:
- TireCare: Covers the costs of repairing or replacing a tire or wheel that is damaged by off-roading (e.g., punctured by rocks or branches).
- TireCare Plus: Adds cosmetic coverage for alloy, aluminum, and steel wheels that are scratched by trees, brush, or rocks.
- DentCare: Covers the costs of paintless dent repair for dents that are smaller than four inches in diameter.
- WindshieldCare: Covers the costs of repairing minor chips and cracks in the windshield that are shorter than six inches.
Why should you consider Ford Protect Off-Road Coverage?
Ford Protect Off-Road Coverage can save you money and hassle if you plan to use your Bronco or Bronco Sport for off-roading adventures. According to Ford, a Bronco wheel can cost as much as $500 and a tire can cost as much as $400 to replace. A windshield replacement can cost up to $900. With Ford Protect Off-Road Coverage, you can avoid these expenses and enjoy your off-roading experience without worrying about the damage.
Ford is the first automaker to offer such a comprehensive off-road insurance product for its customers. Jeep, its main rival in the off-road segment, does not have a similar offering for its vehicles. Ford Protect Off-Road Coverage shows that Ford is committed to providing the best service and support for its Bronco and Bronco Sport customers.
How can you get Ford Protect Off-Road Coverage?
Ford Protect Off-Road Coverage is available as an option when you purchase or lease a new Bronco or Bronco Sport. You can also add it later, as long as your vehicle is still within the original warranty period. The price of the coverage varies depending on the model, trim level, and options of your vehicle. You can contact your local Ford dealer for more details and a quote.
Ford Protect Off-Road Coverage is not available in Florida due to state regulations. It also has some exclusions and limitations that you should be aware of before buying. For example, it does not cover carbon fiber or chrome wheels, dents larger than four inches, windshield cracks longer than six inches, or windshield replacement. It also does not cover damage caused by negligence, misuse, vandalism, theft, fire, flood, or collision. You should read the terms and conditions carefully before signing up.
What are some tips for off-roading with your Bronco or Bronco Sport?
If you have Ford Protect Off-Road Coverage and want to make the most of your off-roading adventures with your Bronco or Bronco Sport, here are some tips to follow:
- Check your tire pressure and condition before hitting the trails. Make sure they are properly inflated and have enough tread depth.
- Use the appropriate driving mode and features for the terrain and conditions. Your Bronco or Bronco Sport has various modes such as Normal, Eco, Sport, Slippery, Sand, Baja, Mud/Ruts, Rock Crawl, and Trail Control that can help you optimize your performance and traction.
- Follow the trail etiquette and respect the environment. Stay on designated trails and avoid damaging plants, animals, or historical sites. Do not litter or leave any trace behind.
- Be prepared for emergencies and carry a first-aid kit, a fire extinguisher, a spare tire, a jack, a shovel, a tow strap, a flashlight, water, food, and communication devices.
- Have fun and enjoy the scenery!