Fremont Casino, one of the oldest and most iconic casinos in downtown Las Vegas, has finished its $50 million renovation and expansion project. The project, which started in early 2022, includes new restaurants, a new sportsbook, a new food hall, and an expanded casino floor.
New Restaurants and Food Hall
The renovation project added four new dining options to Fremont Casino, catering to different tastes and budgets. The new restaurants are:
- Tony Roma’s Steakhouse: A classic steakhouse with a modern twist, offering prime rib, seafood, burgers, and salads. Tony Roma’s also features a full bar and a happy hour menu.
- The Lanai Express: A fast-casual eatery serving Hawaiian and Asian fusion dishes, such as poke bowls, teriyaki chicken, and spam musubi. The Lanai Express also offers a variety of smoothies and shaved ice desserts.
- The Market Street Cafe: A 24/7 diner serving American comfort food, such as pancakes, omelets, sandwiches, and soups. The Market Street Cafe also has a bakery section with fresh pastries and cakes.
- The Fremont Food Hall: A contemporary food hall with six different vendors, offering a range of cuisines from around the world. The vendors are:
- Pizza Rock: A popular pizza joint with a wood-fired oven, serving gourmet pizzas with artisanal toppings and sauces.
- Fukuburger: A fusion burger spot with a Japanese twist, serving burgers with wasabi mayo, teriyaki sauce, and furikake seasoning.
- Project BBQ: A Southern-style barbecue joint with a smoker, serving brisket, ribs, chicken, and pulled pork.
- Red Lotus Asian Kitchen: A Chinese restaurant with a dim sum cart, serving dumplings, noodles, rice dishes, and stir-fries.
- Saginaw’s Delicatessen: A Jewish deli with a Michigan flair, serving sandwiches, bagels, matzo ball soup, and knishes.
- Sprinkles Cupcakes: A dessert shop with a cupcake ATM, serving cupcakes, cookies, brownies, and ice cream.
New Sportsbook and Casino Floor
The renovation project also upgraded the sportsbook and casino floor at Fremont Casino. The new sportsbook features:
- A 30-foot LED video wall that displays live sports events and betting odds.
- A self-service betting kiosk that allows guests to place bets quickly and conveniently.
- A VIP lounge that offers comfortable seating and complimentary drinks for high rollers.
The new casino floor features:
- More than 1,000 slot machines that include the latest games and progressive jackpots.
- More than 30 table games that include blackjack, roulette, craps, baccarat, and pai gow poker.
- A high-limit room that offers exclusive gaming options and personalized service for VIP guests.
A New Look for an Old Classic
The renovation project also gave Fremont Casino a new look that pays homage to its history and heritage. The exterior of the hotel has been repainted in its original colors of red and white. The interior of the casino has been redesigned with modern lighting and decor. The project also improved the walkway between Fremont Street and Ogden Avenue, adding greenery and beautification elements.
Fremont Casino is one of the oldest casinos in downtown Las Vegas. It opened in 1956 as the first high-rise hotel on Fremont Street. It is also famous for being the location of the first live Keno game in Las Vegas. Fremont Casino is owned by Boyd Gaming Corporation, which operates several other casinos in downtown Las Vegas.
Fremont Casino is now open to the public after completing its $50 million renovation and expansion project. The project aims to attract more visitors to downtown Las Vegas and offer them a variety of gaming and dining options.