KSDK News, the leading source of news and sports in the St. Louis area, has compiled the highlights of Friday night’s high school football games. You can watch the video on YouTube or read the summary below.
The video features some of the most exciting and impressive plays from the local teams, such as:
- The trick play by Lutheran North that resulted in a touchdown against Cardinal Ritter.
- The interception by De Smet that led to a score against CBC.
- The long run by Eureka that ended with a touchdown against Marquette.
- The fumble recovery by Ladue that turned into a touchdown against Parkway Central.
- The passing game by Hazelwood Central that produced a touchdown against Hazelwood West.
High school football teams compete for the playoffs
The Friday night games were not only entertaining, but also important for the teams’ chances of making the playoffs. According to KSDK, some of the teams that secured their spots in the postseason are:
- De Smet, who defeated CBC 35-14 and clinched the Metro Catholic Conference title.
- Lutheran North, who beat Cardinal Ritter 42-0 and won the Archdiocesan Athletic Association Small Division title.
- Eureka, who topped Marquette 35-7 and earned the Suburban West Conference title.
- Ladue, who routed Parkway Central 49-0 and captured the Suburban Central Conference title.
- Hazelwood Central, who edged out Hazelwood West 28-21 and claimed the Suburban North Conference title.
High school football teams prepare for the next challenges
The Friday night games were also a good opportunity for the teams to test their skills and strategies against their rivals. Some of the teams that faced tough opponents and learned valuable lessons are:
- CBC, who lost to De Smet for the second time this season and will have to improve their defense and discipline.
- Cardinal Ritter, who suffered their first shutout loss since 2017 and will have to bounce back from their injuries and mistakes.
- Marquette, who fell to Eureka for the third consecutive year and will have to find a way to stop their running game.
- Parkway Central, who were overwhelmed by Ladue and will have to work on their offense and special teams.
- Hazelwood West, who came close to upsetting Hazelwood Central and will have to build on their positive performance.