Genshin Impact, the popular RPG and Gacha game, has recently released one of its most significant updates in over a year, introducing the new region of Fontaine and several new characters. One of them is Neuvilette, the Chief Justice of Fontaine, who has quickly become a fan favorite for his stunning appearance and intriguing backstory. In this article, we will explore some of the best ways to build Neuvilette as a powerful Hydro DPS character.
Neuvilette’s Skills and Passives
Neuvilette is a 5-star Hydro character who wields a catalyst as his weapon. His skills and passives are as follows:
- Normal Attack: A series of three waves that deal Hydro damage to enemies in front of him.
- Charged Attack: Unleashes a massive Hydro cannon that deals Hydro damage in a straight line. The cannon can be charged faster and deal more damage by consuming Sourcewater Droplets, which are generated by his Elemental Skill.
- Elemental Skill: Summons a Waterfall that deals AoE Hydro damage to enemies and creates three Sourcewater Droplets around him. The droplets also heal Neuvilette based on his max HP.
- Elemental Burst: Creates a huge Hydro sphere that traps enemies inside and deals continuous Hydro damage. The sphere also increases Neuvilette’s Hydro damage bonus and reduces the cooldown of his Elemental Skill.
- Passive 1: Increases Neuvilette’s max HP by 20% and his Hydro damage bonus by 1% for every 1% of his max HP.
- Passive 2: Increases the duration of his Elemental Burst by 2 seconds and the number of Sourcewater Droplets generated by his Elemental Skill by 1.
- Passive 3: Decreases the stamina consumption of all party members by 15% when Neuvilette is on the field.
Best Weapons for Neuvilette
As a catalyst user, Neuvilette can benefit from weapons that increase his attack, crit rate, crit damage, or hydro damage. Some of the best weapons for him are:
- Tome of the Eternal Flow: This is a 5-star weapon that increases Neuvilette’s crit damage by 20% and gives him a 12% chance to create a Sourcewater Droplet when he hits an enemy with his normal or charged attack. This weapon synergizes well with his skills and passives, as it boosts his crit damage and helps him charge his cannon faster and deal more damage.
- Lost Prayer to the Sacred Winds: This is another 5-star weapon that increases Neuvilette’s crit rate by 8% and gives him a 8% bonus to movement speed and elemental damage for every 4 seconds he is on the field, up to a maximum of 32%. This weapon is great for increasing his overall damage output and mobility, especially when he uses his Elemental Burst.
- The Widsith: This is a 4-star weapon that increases Neuvilette’s attack by 44% and gives him a random buff for 10 seconds when he enters the field. The buff can be one of the following: increased elemental damage by 48%, increased elemental mastery by 240, or increased attack by 60%. This weapon is good for adding some variety and unpredictability to his damage potential.
Best Artifacts for Neuvilette
As a Hydro DPS character, Neuvilette can benefit from artifacts that increase his hydro damage, crit rate, crit damage, or HP. Some of the best artifact sets for him are:
- Maracheusse Hunter: This is a 4-piece set that increases Neuvilette’s normal and charged attack damage by 25% and his crit rate by 20%. This set is ideal for maximizing his cannon damage and crit potential, as well as taking advantage of his passive that scales with his max HP.
- Nymph’s Dream: This is another 4-piece set that increases Neuvilette’s hydro damage bonus by 15% and gives him a 35% chance to create a Sourcewater Droplet when he hits an enemy with his normal or charged attack. This set is similar to Tome of the Eternal Flow, as it enhances his hydro damage and helps him charge his cannon faster and deal more damage.
- Heart of Depth: This is a 2-piece set that increases Neuvilette’s hydro damage bonus by 15% and a 4-piece set that increases his normal and charged attack damage by 30% for 15 seconds after using his Elemental Skill. This set is good for boosting his hydro damage and making use of his frequent skill usage.
The main stats and sub-stats you should look for in your artifacts are:
|Flower||Flat HP||Crit Damage ≡ Crit Rate > HP% > ER > ATK|
|Feather||Flat ATK||Crit Damage ≡ Crit Rate > HP% > ER > ATK|
|Sands||HP%||Crit Damage ≡ Crit Rate > ER > ATK > EM|
|Goblet||Hydro DMG Bonus||Crit Damage ≡ Crit Rate > HP% > ER > ATK|
|Circlet||Crit Damage ≡ Crit Rate||HP% > ER > ATK > EM|
Neuvilette is a versatile and powerful Hydro DPS character who can deal massive damage with his cannon and sphere, as well as heal himself and support his team with his skills and passives. He is best built with weapons and artifacts that increase his hydro damage, crit rate, crit damage, and HP. He is a great addition to any team that needs a strong Hydro element user.