OnePlus has announced a new feature that will allow users to connect their OnePlus devices running Android 14-based OxygenOS 14 with Windows PCs. The feature, called OnePlus Windows Phone Link, is designed to make it easier for users to access their phone’s notifications, messages, photos, and files on their PC without using a cable or a third-party app.
OnePlus Windows Phone Link is a feature that lets users pair their OnePlus devices with Windows PCs via Bluetooth or Wi-Fi. Once paired, users can view and reply to their phone’s notifications, messages, and calls on their PC. They can also browse and transfer their phone’s photos, videos, music, and documents on their PC using the Windows File Explorer.
OnePlus Windows Phone Link is similar to Microsoft’s Your Phone app, which also allows users to connect their Android devices with Windows PCs. However, OnePlus claims that its feature is faster, more stable, and more secure than Your Phone. OnePlus also says that its feature supports more file formats and has a better user interface.
How to use OnePlus Windows Phone Link?
To use OnePlus Windows Phone Link, users need to have a OnePlus device running OxygenOS 14 and a Windows PC with Bluetooth or Wi-Fi. Users also need to download and install the OnePlus Windows Phone Link app on their PC from the Microsoft Store. The app is free and compatible with Windows 10 and above.
To pair the devices, users need to follow these steps:
- Open the OnePlus Windows Phone Link app on the PC and scan the QR code on the phone’s screen.
- Confirm the pairing request on both devices.
- Choose the connection mode: Bluetooth or Wi-Fi. Bluetooth is recommended for low-power consumption and Wi-Fi is recommended for faster data transfer.
- Enjoy the seamless connection between the devices.
Users can also customize the settings of the feature, such as choosing which notifications to receive, enabling or disabling the phone’s screen mirroring, and adjusting the file transfer quality.
What are the benefits of OnePlus Windows Phone Link?
OnePlus Windows Phone Link offers several benefits for users who want to connect their OnePlus devices with Windows PCs. Some of the benefits are:
- Convenience: Users can access their phone’s notifications, messages, calls, photos, and files on their PC without using a cable or a third-party app. They can also reply to messages and calls from their PC keyboard and mouse.
- Productivity: Users can work on their PC and phone simultaneously without switching devices. They can also drag and drop files between the devices easily and quickly.
- Security: Users can protect their data with end-to-end encryption and biometric authentication. They can also remotely lock or erase their phone from their PC in case of loss or theft.
What are the limitations of OnePlus Windows Phone Link?
OnePlus Windows Phone Link is a new feature that is still in beta testing. Therefore, it may have some limitations and bugs that need to be fixed. Some of the limitations are:
- Compatibility: The feature is only available for OnePlus devices running OxygenOS 14 and Windows PCs with Bluetooth or Wi-Fi. It does not support other Android devices or other operating systems.
- Battery: The feature may consume more battery power on the phone and the PC, especially when using Wi-Fi connection mode. Users may need to charge their devices more frequently when using the feature.
- Performance: The feature may experience some lag, stutter, or disconnection issues depending on the network quality, distance, and interference. Users may need to reconnect their devices or switch the connection mode to improve the performance.